jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Latest BDU Problem: Baidu search/toolbar hijacked...

Well it's sort of a low-jacking. My son had some programs from Baidu on his laptop. They didn't bother anything and Baidu has some legitimate services and are a legitimate company --- sometimes.



But, in the last week (after using for 15 months) Baidu has hijacked the browser. He uses Chrome. The first page comes up as Chrome. But any search re-routes to Baidu.*



There are conflicting versions (some translated from Russian or Chinese) as to how to get rid of this thing. I tried downloading Firefox to use as an alternate browser, but Baidu hijacked that search engine too.



I'm sure youse guys get tired of answering Security 101 questions, so if you could just direct me to that geek site whose name I forgot for the 11th time, I'll be on my way. (No, I don't want to go into DOS and mess with stuff. I mean,... seriously? You see the questions I ask. Would you want me near your DOS directories with a delete key nearby?)



*Which is such a bad search engine that it makes Yahoo Search look like you hired a bunch of programmers from Caltech. Baidu is about 146% paid links.





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1yQnk5y

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire