mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Need help with reassigning a couple of keys on Win 7

For reasons I won't bore you with, I want to swap two keys around - the CAPS LOCK and the *. But in trying to do so, I'm coming up against a couple of issues. The reason for these issues is that I want to reassign the * that's above the numeral 8, not the one that's on the number pad.



I've tried programs like KeyTweak and SharpKeys. They will let me reassign the CAPS LOCK, but will only let me swap entire keys - so I could have what is currently my 8 key as the CAPS LOCK and what is currently the CAPS LOCK as 8 and *, but not just change SHIFT + 8, which is what I'm looking to do. And SharpKeys will not allow you to swap two keys with each other, for some reason.



I have also tried the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. This will allow me to reassign just the * from above the 8, but it won't allow me to move the CAPS LOCK.



Given that different programs can do half of what I want them to do, I figure it must be possible. Every step I want to do can be done, I just can't find a way to do all of them at the same time.



Does anybody know if and how this can be done?





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1y74N16

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire