mardi 24 février 2015

Adobe Fillable forms not showing text

In an organization in which I am involved, we have a writeable PDF on our website. People are supposed to download it, fill it out, save it to their computer, and send it to me. Everyone downloads the same version of the form; it is the only version that exists at present.



Most of the time, this process works as it should. But in several instances, I have received forms which appear to have no data, until I click on a writeable field, at which time the data appears. When I click on another field, the text in the first one becomes invisible again.



Interestingly, the form contains check boxes, and those work properly correctly even though the text boxes appear empty.



I have tried to copy the data from a non-functioning PDF to a new version of the form. When I do this, sometimes the text is visible and sometimes it isn't. I have tried copying the text to a text editor and then to a PDF, and the text shows up as it should. Unfortunately, there are too many PDFs for me to repair all of them--and that's not the correct way to solve the problem anyway.



A search of the Adobe website as well as a general online search has produced neither an explanation of the cause, nor a possible solution to the problem.



Has anyone encountered this, and if so do you have any idea what is causing it and more importantly, how to correct it?





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/17wEnz4

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire