dimanche 22 février 2015

I Want my Child to be Gay

"This is one of the sorriest opinion pieces I've seen in the Post.



"I live in the liberal bubble of Park Slope, Brooklyn, where no yuppie would ever admit to wanting their kid to be anything in particular, other than happy. But more often than not, we define happiness as some variation on our own lives, or at least the lives of our expectations. If we went to college, we want our kids to go to college. If we like sports, we want our kids to like sports. If we vote Democrat, of course we want our kids to vote Democrat.I’m gay. And I want my kid to be gay, too."

http://ift.tt/1FMWC1W





My own kid isn't gay. But I don't "want" him to be gay or straight. He's going to be who's he's going to be, and I won't love him any less if he turns out to be gay. I'm a liberal, but I don't "want" him to be liberal. I want him to think about the issues and come to his own conclusions. If that means registering with the GOP, so be it. I want him to be who he is, without feeling pressured from me.



Kids pick up on what you expect them to be. If this lesbian's kid turns out to be straight, she's going to feel she disappointed her mother by being straight, and that's a terrible burden to put on a kid.



On the comments section, here's the top ranked comment: As a gay man, this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/17KNtbg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire