mercredi 25 mars 2015

Phobias! You got 'em?

Anyone else have dumb, unshakable phobias?



I have a two very common ones:



1) Heights. No, I don't want to look over the edge of that super tall building. Oh, I'm sure it's a great view. No, really not interested. Oh, me? I'm quite all right being on the ground. All right, if it's such a nice view could you climb all the way up and take a picture for me, great thx.



2) Bugs. Bugs of all types. Six legs. Eight legs. Hundred legs. Nope nope nope. No, I don't want to hold. Oh, a harmless cricket? Still not interested. A tarantula? You're kidding, right. I said get it away from me before I taze you.



Also, two incredibly dumb phobias:



1) Sleeping in a unlit room. I'm an adult who still has night terrors. It's really hard for me to sleep alone without a small nightlight. Without one, I will "hear" the sound of footsteps, as if someone is in the house, or I will trace outlines of non-existent figures in front of me. I also have to shut the closet door, because it's very unnerving to see it open when I'm in bed.



I stopped watching horror movies years ago, but recently gf-chan and some friends decided on a whim to see a movie a bogeyman who comes out of closet. It's disrupted my sleep for weeks. Same thing happened when I watched a play through of Silent Hill.



2) Aliens / alien abductions / alien invasions. I watched the movie Fire In the Sky when I was a child, and the alien abduction sequence absolutely messed me up for life. Pure eschatological terror in a manner I can't describe.



I'm not at all bothered so much by Star Wars type aliens, chestbursters, ET, the Xenomorph, or little green men. Specifically, it's the depiction of the emaciated, buggy-eyed "grey" alien. I'm pretty sure my reaction is similar to people who get really unnerved by ventriloquist dummies.





Ok, those are mine. What are yours, if any?





via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1BpUarU

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire