lundi 27 avril 2015

How long for Mars-Earth to switch from opposition to conjunction please?

Hi there!

I'm currently keeping my brain working with putting together a Sci-Fi story based on Mars in 1913 - that's not Mars as it really is, but with more gravity, atmosphere and heat - and population! :) A bit more like the Mars of John Carter, in fact.

What I'm looking for is some help in calculating the distance between Earth and Mars at various times, so I have a couple of questions (to start with...).

I've been impressed with the Space knowledge here, so feel sure that there are no end of people who will know this stuff!

So - please?
1) How long does it take for Earth-Mars to go from opposition to conjunction?
2) Can someone point me at an online resource where I could calculate the distance between them at certain dates?

Thanks!


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1z6NnI7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire