samedi 25 avril 2015

Irrational or just pseudoscientific beliefs you hold?

I've been thinking this would make a really interesting thread for a while.

Anyone want to admit to anything here? Haha.

I take some supplements I don't know for sure if they are just giving me expensive wee. But on the other end of the spectrum I have something fairly serious I suppose. I get irrationally scared with some horror films if I'm in the "right" state of mind. It's like they can put me into this state. Its so stupid though because my brain has the logic of a child that thinks if it goes under the covers the monster can't get it. So if Im walking up the stairs and I "feel" something might be coming up behind me I feel my anxiety levels shoot up and I'll quickly run up the stairs and then then phew its okay it can't get me now. :rolleyes:. Now it may be because of my long history being interested in skepticism but I don't feel genuinely worried something will literally be there, I'm worried I'm going to see it anyway and that means I've lost my mind. Fear of losing my mind isn't that irrational so it's harder to logic my way out of it :confused:

Yea Yea Yea, I know. Dat's ********** up. See a doctor, yadda yadda yadda.

But anyway figure I'd share, anyone else ever have anything? Even if it's something silly and OCD like making sure a photoframe is always straight or you feel like you won't have a good day or something.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1HEZ3mI

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire