samedi 25 avril 2015

Military, because I do not know where else to post this

Let me start by saying I like the TV show Cops. There is something I hear frequently on said show and it is the following: "My taxes pay your salary!". I find this extremely rude.

I served once, many years ago. To my brothers and sisters out there who continue to serve I say Thank You. Thank You deeply for the sacrifice that you continue to make. And to your families, those that sacrifice, dare I say, more than you. Thank you deeply.

I am offended by this mentality of America "My taxes pay your salary!". You, person that says such things, are ignorant to the sacrifice that these people make, and their families. I do not condone the abuse some put forth in such positions of power, but I defend those that, like me, have walked their mile. When I served I thought on this statement and realized that I, too, pay such taxes. Do I pay my own salary following this logic? Service people of all shapes and sizes pay taxes, greater than you can imagine.

To the Unknown Soldiers, please, if you can hear me, Thank You from the bottom of my soul, Thank You for your Tax. Thank You for shielding us in all of our countries and walks of life. Thank You Known Soldiers the same for the Tax you have paid. Thank You for paying MY salary to live in this country and this world, those that have sacrificed your all to make us what we are today.

Much Appreciated


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1HFY0TQ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire