vendredi 24 avril 2015

Skepticism in a marriage

First time poster here.

My wife and I have been married for 20+yrs. I’m a natural born skeptic, she’s into acupuncture and natural treatments. I can understand her aversion to modern medicine after having a couple lousy doctors and surgeries. But what got me recently is that now she’s found a guru in the form of an acupuncturist who seems to think that her practice is the panacea for just about everything that ails people. So much so, my has a weekly standing appointment with her for cupping to remove muscle aches (“where did you get those bruises?”), personalized medicinal teas (“forget big pharma, these actually work”) and other strange claims and nonsense (“I need to detox, my liver is out of balance”).

We’ve managed to tolerate each other’s opposite beliefs for this long, but what brought me here was her proclamation that this guru is now her “doctor”. There’s many arguments over things like this for years. I’m considered a negative closed minded person whereas I consider these beliefs as being desperation and being duped by people who run a business. Needless to say, our relationship has not been peachy lately. Now I just ignore the silliness and let her be :boxedin:.

So, has anyone had this type of marriage? Any tips, reading material, advice?

Jk


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1OlfGcE

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire