samedi 25 avril 2015

What are republicans like really when they are alone?

I observed them for quite some time while I was going to my church group and while I thought they were a pretty decent bunch, as a liberal we did set each other off at times. Guess I will list the various traits I noticed while at bible study.

1. They are generally self sufficient but typically don't tend to be ostentatious until they reach a certain level of money.

2. They divide the world as between the takers and the givers describing themselves as being the givers.

3. When they are alone together they frequently like to quote people like Rush Limbaugh and the rest. I would use the phrase "borrowed word for word," to describe these people.

4. Fundamentalist Christian groups sometimes say things that sound outlandish to average people outside their group but what these people don't understand is that these organization actually are a front for people who share the same conservative beliefs to share their grievances and repeat talking points they last heard uttered by Rush.

5. Just before being banned, I let them know that I was liberal and getting government money and one of them looked at me like I was from Pluto and asked me if I was getting food stamps to which I replied no.

6. Republicans believe that liberals are automatically the enemy and every belief they have is diametrically opposed to theirs, they do not feel the need to check this out.

7. One amusing thing I saw just before I was banned was a member who got a dent in his Cadillac while it was parked in front of service. The next week he riveted a plate over the area to cover then dent of his nice Cadillac. That there really is the essence of the Republican mindset.

8. To be fair, I have seen Orthodoxies in various other groups that can get you shunned, for instanced having anti-abortion stance can get you in trouble in both the Democratic and Progressive parties with the hardcore members.

9. One thing I heard that I thought was funny was a guy who was high up in the progressive party (like the third guy in Minnesota). He said he was tired listening to the talk from the little people in town meetings that expressed their concerns like they they thought they were important and should be addressed;the idea was that if you weren't a hardcore member who donated lots of time and money to the party you really don't have the right to be heard.

10. A lot of Republicans actually are rather smart people but most filter their view by a combination of religious/political orthodoxy. If you are not one of them you can't really hang out with them. It's not a particularly open organization.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1bG2iPm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire