vendredi 24 avril 2015

When does sexual orientation manifest?

I have friends whose son first self-identified as gay around 6 or 7 years old. He's now 10 and has remained consistent in that identification. I have other friend who recently stated that he doesn't think it is possible for someone to know their orientation that young.

This is particularly ironic since I got to know him because his daughter has had a huge and completely unambiguous crush on my son since they were both in pre-school around the age of 5. One of their classmates has a crush on my daughter to the point that he walked off the field in the middle of playing a soccer game to go sit with her.

Granted, this is all anecdotal, but I don't think these are atypical experiences. If straight children can have crushes that young, why is it surprising that homosexual children might also have, and express, crushes at that age?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1HA1QxD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire