dimanche 31 mai 2015

(Maybe this goes here) A model rocket engine in a styrofoam glider

Think this goes here.
Maybe Forum Community.
Maybe even Trial and Errors.


I was shopping at WalMart and they had a dispaly of Estees model rockets.

I picked one up. Thought the son and I could have some fun with it.

Pick up a pack of motors. I think there were 3 in the package.

Then, as I'm walking around, I see a styrofoam glider kit.

I think, "What if I core out the section under tail and between the elevators, and stick a motor in there?"

I let out a wry giggle.

Here's the question:
I'm thinking I should balance the styrofoam glider on a pencil point, find its center of something (mass?)
Mark this point.
Core out the butt end, stick in motor.
Put glider back on pencil point at the mark.
Balance out the front of the glider with pennies or something

I should balance it out, right? This will provide for the chance of a more level flight?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1GenoSr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire