mercredi 24 juin 2015

Is Diversity Good?

Recently, I’ve done roughly 50 hours of reading and research on “diversity”. And so far, this is the most fascinating article I’ve found: http://ift.tt/1LpKTZ0.

In summary, the author attempts to clearly define “diversity”, and then challenges the assumption (where all "diversity" discussions usually begin) that “diversity is good”. I won't spoil his conclusions. I was even able to contact the author. He said that the paper was not well received (“the response was a gut response, rather than an attempt at logical refutation”). I have since found a few articles (paywalled, so I can't share) that attempted to reasonably refute the paper, but failed (IMO).

This is a sensitive topic which often loses its way due to unchecked emotional responses. I myself am still forming my own ideas and opinions on the topic. But, I’m interested to see what the skeptical community thinks.

So, what say you...?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1GzxF5j

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire