vendredi 26 juin 2015

Questions from my hammock

So, I'm laying on my hammock enjoying the day and suddenly this question popped into my head.

What if, suddenly and without warning there was no longer gravity on earth.

Let's assume that the planets all continue to circle around each other, but just on earth the rule no longer applies.

We humans, we're toast right? we float off into space and die. Jumping would be a very bad idea.

What about birds? Can they land and grip onto a tree branch and still fly around? Do we become a bird planet? Could anything survive an earth with no gravity?

And how about an airplane in flight? I don't think it could ever land but would the plane be fine until it ran out of fuel and then just fly forever in whatever direction it was heading when that happened?

These are the things that plague my mind while I swing on my hammock.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1NmAYmf

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire