samedi 27 juin 2015

Shouldn't we be preserving the best skeptical arguments?

In reading the latest irreducible complexity thread, I realized Dinwar really is Penultimate Amazing. Joined a month before I did and has 15000+ posts and I haven't reached 50.

When I think about winning the lottery, I don't think of retiring to a tropical island. I think of starting a nonprofit to promote skeptical events around here and start up a website that does something I haven't seen yet:

When somebody sees a commonly circulated BS argument, they copy and paste the BS into a customized search engine which hopefully recognizes the key words and brings up links to arguments already made against that BS. One then copies the link and pastes it in a reply to the BS post. Work done. Perhaps the visible portion could be a long sentence/short paragraph with the gist of the argument, so some readers don't even have to click to be convinced.

Of course, one should only respond if the BS is posted to a general audience in a forum like this or a comments section. We should be trying to influence the bystanders not get into a pointless one on one argument with a BS spreader.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1FHrn2P

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire