lundi 22 juin 2015

Skepticism and relationships

I have a very good friend of longstanding and have enjoyed her company for decades. But she is more an intuitive type of person and rigor in logic is not her strong suit. Occasionally that gets on my nerves and I'm sure I get on her nerves at times.

She'll make a statement and I'll say, "Why do you think that?" An example is diet sodas sweetened with aspartame. She's absolutely sure they are bad for you, but I don't know why she believes that. She also remarked on my switch from smoking to vaping that vaping liquids are "full of chemicals." I pointed out that nicotine is full of chemicals. While I don't say vaping is good for you, there some indication it's better than smoking.

We have about the same level of "spiritual" beliefs, no conflict there.

Mod(s): This may belong in Community, move it if you likeIf this belongs in Community


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1BHMCa9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire