dimanche 26 juillet 2015

Would-be energy educator wants input, resources

Can someone point out Web or other resources that would give me a decent overview of energy? I'm a writer and teacher who at present is substituting. The local electricity utility is looking for energy educators. Though I would be giving scripted presentations I'd like to learn as much as I can about the methods, pluses and minuses of various fuels or renewable resources. I'm also interested in ways to optimize resources - using solar for what solar does best, for example - is that heating water, or harvesting rays with photovoltaic panels? How could a given community assess its needs and come up with a practical mix of ways to meet energy needs? I am mainly talking about electricity, but this overlaps to automobiles as they sometimes use the same fuels.

One thing I've always wondered: Could a car generate more energy than is harvested with the battery? If two batteries were hooked up would they both charge fully?

I don't have much of a tech background but I am used to studying various topics and effectively communicating about them.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1Izv02Z

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire