dimanche 30 août 2015

What's the link between Tesla and Woo?

I hope this is the best place to put this.

I (somewhat masochistically) enjoy listening to "What in the World?" on a Canadian Sirius Radio channel. I guess it can be described as the Canadian version of "Coast to Coast". The host, Richard Garner, is the most credulous radio personality one could ever meet. No idea or comment is too stupid or insane for serious consideration.

Today's show was on Nikola Tesla and something called "Tesla Science". Now I only have a Wiki level knowledge of Tesla. I know he had a talent for showmanship and at one point he allegedly thought he was talking to aliens. However, the Woo delivered on this show went from the lost esoteric knowledge of ancient cultures, to the "inner eye" of the pineal gland, to Tesla opening up doorways to alternate dimensions at his Colorado Springs facility.

Somehow, all three of these topics were intimately related and bound together by a dense word salad that was impenetrable to me. I must admit that this is part of the fun in listening.

OK, so why is there a Woo cult of Tesla, but none for Edison? Edison also had interesting personality quirks, but I just don't see the same level of wackiness. Any thoughts?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1hpZ84k

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire