jeudi 24 septembre 2015

ACA Experts School Me

I'm in California, part owner of a small company. This is the first year our health care plan has to be ACA compliant. Last year we renewed before Dec. 31 and could keep our old non-ACA compliant plan. Got an initial report from my partner who handles our insurance stuff that our premiums would go up about 25 percent. Ok I thought, the plan I had last year was cheaper than the one we had a year before by about that amount, so it was returning to about par. Then I get a call from him last night, for my situation (48 yrs, wife and two daughters <10 yrs ) my premiums would be going up substantially more--like 200 percent. The reason proffered was that while previously I could get a "family plan" as distinct from an individual plan that didn't distinguish the number of children included; the ACA disallows that and I now effectively need a plan for myself, my wife, and my two daughters as individuals. That's a bit stunning to me and hard to believe it's correct. Hopefully someone with knowledge (Emily Cat?) can enlighten me.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1LQMnIb

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire