mardi 29 septembre 2015

Beating the Odds

I took enough statistics courses in college to realize I would never be a statistician. Some whizzes at math check me out on this. I enjoy playing solitaire on the computer and today I got a deal with zero plays possible. Never has happened to me before. What are the odds? I sometimes muse about the odds of winning two games in a row. I first decide that I win about one time in 15 tries. So if my profs taught me anything; this is two random events so the odds should be 1 in 15x15, if my estimate is correct. So the answer to this set of conditions is 1 in 225. As for the original question all I can say is I have probably played 10000 games in my lifetime. So the odds of having no play possible seem to be less than 1 in 10000. Agree?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1OEaoIC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire