lundi 28 septembre 2015

What to do when your boss is a Conspiracy Theorist?

I don't think my boss is a full blown CT, but he definitely is an economic doomsdayer and somehow paranoid about new technology, despite being an IT manager... The technology industry is really funny. It has some of the world's smartest people in it, but...they also can be conspiracy theorists. People often called nerds are more susceptible to fall for conspiracy theories because they are rational thinkers and sometimes that turns into circular logic especially when the economy doesn't end up collapsing tomorrow.

So today, my boss was going on and on about his favorite economist doomsdayer Carl Icahn. So when I got home I went to research what the heck he was talking about because I am no economist and an IT manager isn't either.

There seems to be reputable (CNBC) news outlets reporting on what Icahn is talking about. IDK maybe the fact is because he has endorsed Trump for President, but that's beside the point. I checked out his twitter feed and lo and behold he wants people to watch your typical CT video. A trailer of which is easily found on his website. In the flavor and style of one Alex Jones who I am sure you are all familiar with.

My boss will most likely report to me Icahn's "findings," tomorrow. I don't really want to hear them but I don't know enough about economics to care to debunk them. As I tried to move the conversation on the fact that NASA found water on Mars my boss very rudely said, "I don't care, the world is being destroyed." This was all in the same conversation and made me pretty sad that he has no optimism at all in his life... No wonder he is always complaining about life.

This even after our CFO got dragged into the conversation and he said he had money in greece and people were telling him to get money out five years ago, but he didn't and he only got money out last year... So he doesn't believe whatever it is Icahn has to say.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1ODsrP6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire