samedi 24 octobre 2015

help with hotmail ?

Hiya everyone,

I have a problem, and wonder if anyone can help, or has had a similar problem ?

Here it is....

I used to use a Hotmail account... <username>@Hotmail.co.uk.

I only EVER used the web interface to receive my emails etc. Over the years, I built up a large body of contacts, as well as a large number of emails organised into folders.

Again.. I must stress...this was ALL done through the web interface, NOT a mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird or whatever.

One day - around 3 or 4 weeks ago, I browsed to the Hotmail webmail address, only to be diverted to the new Microsoft Account login screen.

I tried entering my Hotmail credentials (username - which is my email address - and password).

I got the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account".

This doesn't surprise me; Microsoft accounts are restricted to "outlook.com" and "Hotmail.com," addresses. There is no option to create a Microsoft account as <username>@hotmail.co.uk.

I finally created a SEPERATE UNRELATED Microsoft Account, purely to access the "Microsoft Community" for help. They where entirely and totally unable to help. The only responses I got where from people who had completely and utterly missed the point, and where making suggestions about checking for aliases (how, when I can't log in to access the configuration screens ? ), or about mobile devices.

So, do we have any UK-based Hotmail users here, and if so, how did YOU survive the migration to Outlook.com ?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1NZDX7V

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire