samedi 24 octobre 2015

Mandatory consent classes in U

Last year they started something at my school called mandatory consent class. I never took did it because it wasn't part of my required curriculum, and besides, I am 52 and quite frankly don't think much about sex anymore. I do have a personal story about a consent class in the military I took with about 1000 servicemen and women.

Ok, I don't remember much about it but I do remember they guy asked those of us who continued to pursue a woman after being turned down. I and about 2 other guys raised our hands thus identifying ourselves as potential rapists and was pretty much told as much. Now I am getting to this is a joke right? Part.

Rape in the large base I was stationed in was at epidemic levels. It was so bad they has special forces troops stationed in unlit areas looking for rapists there were so many. I know this because I ran into one while wandering around drunk in one of those areas. I had left my wallet in the cab and the guy helpfully drove me around looking for it. I learned all about his mission.
It is unlikely that the 3 people who raised their hands at this consent class raped anyone. It is also extremely unlikely that the consent class prevented a single rape either.

My position is consent classes are useless and probably do more harm than good.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1k1QiLz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire