mardi 27 octobre 2015

Resolved: Scott Adams is an utter moron who believes he's intelligent

I still like Dilbert, but that is filtered through a narrow funnel of 'office environment', which limits Adams' stupidity. I used to like him, and I've purchased several of his books, but over time, particularly after reading his blog, I've come to the conclusion that Scott Adams is a complete moron. Worse - he doesn't realize it, and he actually thinks he's intelligent.

The tipping point was two blog posts he made. One was about the recent video of the woman walking down the street, and all the catcalls, etc. This is what he had to say about it:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Adams
I assume the makers of the video intend me to watch it and conclude “Sexism is out of control! Women can’t even walk the streets unmolested! Something must be done!”

Here’s my actual reaction: “MOVE SOMEWHERE BETTER, YOU IDIOT!”

Do you want to know why my life is good today? It’s because I once lived in a place with no opportunity and many disadvantages but I cleverly fixed that problem by moving somewhere else. And so I reiterate.

MOVE!!! JUST [F-word] MOVE!!!

Okay, I know, your family lives in New York City and your job is there and….JUST [F-word] MOVE!!! MOVE!!! STOP MAKING IT MY PROBLEM!!!



The second one was about Trump and the NRA (mostly). In this he said
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Adams
Bias alert: I am pro-gun because I weigh 147 pounds and I want to preserve the option of shooting people who are bigger than me. Sometimes they need it.

Read more: http://ift.tt/1PPOUsK

I think you can see why I now believe Scott Adams wears Douchecanoe for Men. If men harass women, the women should move. If anyone harasses Scott Adams, he carries a gun and he will shoot them.

I'll say that another way. Scott Adams is threatened because of his small size, and is afraid of attack - but that's the attackers' problem, and Scott has the right to protect himself up to and including shooting them.

WOMEN, however, who are on the average Scott Adams' size or smaller - if they feel threatened, it's THEIR problem, and they should UPEND THEIR ENTIRE LIVES AND MOVE TO A SUPPOSEDLY SAFE TOWN, which apparently doesn't exist or else Scott Adams would friggin move there.

I'm sure there are many, many other reasons to think Scott Adams is a moron disguised as a nerd, and feel free to add them below, but this hypocrisy was the tipping point for me.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1MrLr3i

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire