mardi 24 novembre 2015

John Scalzi's take on the Republican candidates

Amusing and biting.

Highlights:
Quote:

I rank Santorum slightly higher than Huckabee in my preferences, but that’s like ranking “puke on your shoe” slightly higher than “bloody puke on your shoe.” It’s still puke on your shoe.
Quote:

...it also hasn’t escaped my notice that at every step of the way, the thing that most people apparently have to say about Cruz is “wow, what an *******.” I can’t help but think that’s kind of a telling fact. Even his fellow GOP senators think he’s a real prick and don’t want anything to do with him.
Quote:

...the idea of Carson’s brain grinding horribly into neutral in the middle of a legitimate crisis fills me with an unholy terror.
Quote:

But my thought is that when someone promises to run the country like they ran a company whose stock value declined by more than half and also ditched 30,000 workers while they were in charge, I should take them at their word, and run the other way.
Quote:

Every time I think of Rand Paul, I imagine that on his bedside table is a copy of Atlas Shrugged, the pages of which are stiff and stuck together and smell vaguely of corn chips. Then I shudder for five whole minutes and try to think of something else.
Quote:

I feel kind of sorry for Jeb Bush, because for years we’ve been told that he was the “smart” one, and his campaign has just been so flabby and disappointing and tired, and as for Jeb, if this is what passes for smart in the Bush family then we’re all just going to have to admit that our standards for smart when it comes to politicians, or at least Bushes, are too damn low
And a question for the audience:
"Leaving aside that everything that comes out of his mouth is at best meretricious claptrap that would shame even Newt Gingrich". Without looking, which candidate is being so described?
Ted Cruz


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1Npz3kL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire