mardi 22 décembre 2015

I'm thinking of abandoning Bernie

I like Bernie. I do. I see him as slightly better than Hillary on a number of issues I care about. I have a Bernie sticker on my car. I was planning on voting for him in the primary. But the reality is that lately his supporters are really rubbing me the wrong way.

It seems I can't click on any article lately on Hillary without running into a giant pile of "DNC is conspiring to crown Shillery the new queen!" type nonsense. They act like Hillary is somehow the ultimate villain on the stage. They first complain that the debates were scheduled wrong. Then, when Bernie failed to win over anyone new in them, they complained the questions were rigged. One guy on social media claims that the debates have been run from the outset to be huge Hillary commercials. Which is strange since the original conspiracy is that no one was going to watch them.

For me it is all becoming a bit much. I don't really see Bernie as that different from Hillary who is, however, very different from the long line of sentient wet hippopotamus farts that is the GOP candidates. Really I don't. In the same way I didn't see her as that different from Obama in 2008. Bernie, I think, has become more myth than man. I think many have lost sight of their similarities having gotten lost deep in the jungle of hyperbole.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1OkNJCc

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire