mercredi 23 décembre 2015

Your Fear defines your destiny?

I am intrigued by the quote of author Steven Pressfield:

Quote:

Are you paralyzed with fear? That’s a good sign. Fear is good. Like self-doubt, fear is an indicator. Fear tells us what we have to do. Remember one rule of thumb: the more scared we are of a work or calling, the more sure we can be that we have to do it.
Do you all agree/disagree? I kind of see the point he is making, but the language is very vague. we're supposed to grow by getting out of our comfort zones and getting past being fearful, but really, what is Pressfield saying? That if you're sitting at your desk mulling over your fears, and one of them is fear of heights, you should go, "Hmm, I should jump out of a plane"?

For example, "I'm afraid of experiencing combat, should I join the army infantry?" :confused:

"I am afraid of the prospect of being relegated to a dead end job until retirement, should I embrace this fear and stick to working in the dead end job?" :p

Ok, that last example was pretty ridiculous, but it's reasons like this I prefer to use "values clarification" strategies to determine a life path, where I define what I like to do, instead of what all of my fears are. the latter makes for a good plot device like in Batman Begins, but I'm not sure if it's as effective in the real world. thoughts?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1kgEZ1W

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire