mercredi 24 février 2016

Pet Food Woo

Because I shop on-line for some of my cat needs, I get a lot of click-ads for pet products.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on a store that called itself " Only Natural Pet " just to see what kind of nonsense they were peddling at ridiculous prices.

Surprisingly, their basic food products seemed well formulated and were reasonably priced, compared to a lot of so called premium foods..

I decided to take a closer look at some dry cat food they called ' Feline Power Food ', particulary the ' Fish & Fowl Dinner' ..

The main composition looked pretty good; 42% protein, 18% fat, & etc., but then I looked at the ingredients, that started out with:

Deboned Turkey, Turkey Meal, Menhaden Fishmeal, ( ... and so on)


So I asked myself, " Why don't they call this stuff " Fowl & Fish Dinner " since fish is clearly not the main ingredient here..

Feeling snarky, I decided to send off a question to their support team..

I wrote:

Quote:

" I was linked to your site for cat food from my Facebook page; I guess because I had been shopping for pet products. While your Fish + Fowl Dinner looks like a pretty good product, I have to question why you promote and call it " Fish + Fowl " , when fish meal ( whatever that is.. ) is listed as the 3rd ingredient. It appears that you want make the product more appealing by suggesting there is more fish going on here than there actually is. Your products appear to be competitively priced, and worth consideration if it weren't for what I consider somewhat deceptive labeling and promotion. "
A couple of days later I received a reply:

Quote:

Hello, Greg.
Thank you for contacting Only Natural Pet.
I’m sorry that you feel the label is misleading, but the fish meal is the 3rd ingredient listed on the bag. Pet foods are graded are by their first five ingredients!
Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with. J
Regards,
Sara
Customer Care
Well Sara,why don't you call it " Pea Protein & Tapioca Starch Dinner ", since those are the 4th & 5th ingredients ?

I decided to dig a little deeper into their store, and my suspicion of Woo was totally confirmed..

Check out their Only Natural Pet Easy Defense Flea & Tick Tag

I won't paste the whole thing, but here are a couple of choice quotes:
Quote:

Using state of the art holistic technology, the EasyDefense Flea & Tick Tag utilizes your pet's own bio-energy to create a natural preventative to biting insects, including fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
..and
Quote:

The EasyDefense Tag is treated with a powerful bio-energetic process and sealed in an electro-magnetic shielded envelope. Just place it on your pet's collar and it will use your pet's own inherent energy to send out pest repelling frequencies.
I wonder if someone's pet subsequently contracted heart-worms, or other mosquito or flea related illness, if they would have good grounds for litigation.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1RoRPr1

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire