jeudi 25 février 2016

The argument of Government Handouts

Yesterday I got into a bit of a debate with my cousin about Bernie Sanders. He was telling me his opinion that Sanders, while good intentioned, has a very simplistic approach to how he wants to solve the problems of the country. He brought the issue of taxing the rich, and the issue of the "handouts". He mentioned, for example, that there is a lot of people, both in the US and in Europe, who take advantage of these benefits so that they don't have to work, and so, it's unfair that the taxes we pay, go to these people.

Now, I have heard other people comment on that, and I'm sure that the situation isn't as simple, and that yes, there may be a number of people who take advantage of these situations so that they don't have to work. However, I would like to know where can one find more information about this. Specifically, what is the ratio of people who take these handouts as a solution to not having to work? Because it seems to me that even if there is some percentage of that, that the alternative of allowing a great number of people who can't find a job or who have a job but don't earn enough to sustain their family, is unacceptable.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1QIwGLx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire