jeudi 31 mars 2016

Anyone married/ partnered with a believer?

I am wondering if anyone here has been in love with a believer/woo? And if so, how did it effect the relationship?

It seems that both skeptics and believers are often judgemental of those with opposite views. My step-father was a hard-core skeptic, a fan of Randi's, a man of science, with little patience for those who didn't agree. Yet, he married my mother, who never hid her belief in everything from tarot cards, astrology, tea leaves, mediums, ghosts, UFO's and probably Bigfoot.

Though I recall a few spats, impatience, and a lot of eye-rolling, somehow it worked. I guess we just love who we love. Probably many people here recall my friend Robert - RSLancaster, who ran the StopSylvia site. He married Susan who is a devout Christian, and are still going strong many years later.

While I suspect these partnerships may be a minority, I may be wrong.

Any comments?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1SpSkz2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire