samedi 26 mars 2016

Atheism Uses Less Brain Function

http://ift.tt/1VOau34

"This has to be embarrassing . . . if you’re an atheist. A new study performed at the University of York used targeted magnetism to shut down part of the brain. The result: belief in God disappeared among more than 30 percent of participants.

That in itself may not seem so embarrassing, but consider that the specific part of the brain they frazzled was the posterior medial frontal cortex—the part associated with detecting and solving problems, i.e., reasoning and logic."

I'm not a Christian but I do consider myself to be a spiritual person. I rarely find conflict with my spiritual beliefs and science which I equate as a method that uses logic and reasoning to draw real world conclusions. That said, I hate the way this person twisted the conclusions of this study. Neurology is more complicated than defining spiritual and logical thought as one area of the brain does this and another area of the brain does that kind of mindset. What's your opinion?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/1Ms3S8f

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire