vendredi 29 juillet 2016

Hinkley Point Delayed - Again

I can see this from my house (more or less). It looks like another delay to this major infrastructure project:

http://ift.tt/2a8YFk2

Quote:

The government then said it was "only right" to review the project and would make a decision by the autumn.

Contracts were supposed to have been signed on Friday.
In general I'm in favour of nuclear power forming a significant part of our electricity generation inventory. I'm torn about this because I think that, for the strategic good of the coutnry, the finance and engineering expertise should have been home-grown. Instead the technology is French and a large amount of the finance is from China.

As a result, I'm not happy with the index-linked £95/mwh deal that the government agreed to allow funding to go ahead. Like with the water industry, the customers will be over-charged to provide very generous returns to shareholders. In this case it's not even UK pension funds and the like which will benefit. :mad:

The short notice U-turn OTOH smacks of unprofessionalism and panic.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2aC5y28

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire