mardi 26 juillet 2016

I think I'm turning into Mean Ol' Dawkins

A friend of mine posted this on her Facebook page this morning. And, as someone who understands the importance of faith to many people, and remembers what it was like to cleave to faith in moments of desperation and to feel like the only thing I had was God on my side in my life........wellllll......that's changed so much. I've been an aggressive Atheist for about 10 years now, but in the past I used to have a little compassion to people who believed. I'm so over it now.

GROW UP and FACE REALITY

First of all I watched this quite impressed with it as an acting monologue. I was wondering if he ever used it to audition for a play or something.

Second, I couldn't help but notice that he pointed out three things
  • He's obviously realizing that it's crazy to believe in God
  • He's pointing out that "education" is an attack on his faith. He seems to struggle the most "in classrooms."
  • But the clincher for me was at the end when he starts impersonating God and making up imaginary words said by his imaginary friend. I mean seriously people, if you weren't talking about GOD and were talking about your magic friend that talked to you all the time and told you stuff, you'd be considered mental.
I'm so over this stupid ********. Grow up, already. By the end of it I was really annoyed and had to turn it off before it was over.

For the Christians that visit this site, how in the world can you not see how absolutely stupidly histrionic and emotionally unstable this is and how completely illogical he's being? He's literally losing his mind because classrooms are convincing him that his faith isn't real. And his solution to this is to talk to his imaginary friend, and not just pray, but pretend that the friend is talking back and telling him very profound things.

It's flippin' crazy. If God was not the paradigm of this presentation people would consider this man insane.

I'm fast losing patience with being expected to show this kind of behavior and thinking "respect."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKlIm2OTlZQ


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2atVdTi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire