dimanche 28 août 2016

Computer enters sleep mode by itself

My Windows 10 computer enters sleep mode spontaneously from time to time. When I hit a key to start it up again, most of the time it barely gets to the login screen (unlock, not fresh start) and immediately goes back down again.

I suspect there may be a voltage or short problem somewhere. Is there a utility that monitors this? Wouldn't Windows record that it went into an emergency sleep mode for whatever reason?

Where would that log be?

If I hit F11 or F2, the bios setup and boot menu, it will stay on indefinitely, even if I am trapped in one of these sleep->sleep->sleep-> loops.

If I make sure Ethernet and the display cables are seated properly, hold in the power button for 10s to force reboot, go into boot menu to pick Windows Boot Menu, and pray, about 95% of the time it comes back and runs without autosleep for a few hours to a day. (It isn't a 7.1 speaker short because I have completely disconnected the speakers and it still occurs.)


Any ideas?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2c1ofsW

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire