vendredi 19 août 2016

Genocide of Romani during WWII

I've previously only read about this tangentially, and I've seen numbers of around 150 000 to 200 000 victims, with widely varying proportions of the population in various areas, the Romani within Germany being the worst off. This is thought to have comprised around 15-25% of the population.

However I encountered mentions of numbers as high as 2 million, which surprised me, with someone mentioning that it's very uncertain how many were actually killed. I found the number widely implausible, as such widespread killings ought ot have left a big mark logistically and bureaucratically. As far as I can tell they mainly originate from the studies of Ian Hancock, who seems to have a methodology of his own when it comes to counting victims.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there really a serious debate about whether the number could be that high?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2bkWRXY

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire