dimanche 30 octobre 2016

When Did Einstein Take and IQ Test?

1) Did Albert Einstein actually take an IQ test, and when if ever?
2) Is there any way to estimate a high IQ other than take the test?
3) Was Einstein a polymath, a dilettante, or other?

Albert Einstein’s opus, the theory of relativity, shocked the world by telling us what in physics is subjective and what is objective. So it seems ironic to me that he unscientific people pigeon-hole him with what maybe the most subjective quantity of all.


There have been claims in the popular press that Albert Einstein was the ‘smartest man in the world. This claim rings by BS alarm but I can live with it. His articles which I have read and the reviews of his work other scientists have made convinced me that Einstein was extremely smart. He showed both creativity and elegance in making this useful and elegant physics theory. He has also contributed to many other physics theories that are useful and elegant.

‘Smartest’ is a matter of opinion. The absence of basic cognitive skills is usually obvious in conversation and communication, so ‘not very smart’ is less subjective. Even ‘smartest physicist’ is a bit fuzzy. There are so many different types of physicists doing so many different things. There are so many engineers who could be called physicists. Therefore, the ranking of intelligence is a bit subjective.

I have a large problem when these guys get quantitative. Many are now saying that Einstein had a very high IQ. Indeed, I see authors actually post numbers estimating Einstein’s IQ.

I am a rather physics groupie. I think modern physics is a great achievement. In particular, I love relativity. I know enough special relativity to work my way through every one of the false paradoxes presented by cranks. I think the theory is a great achievement.

I am not skeptical of Einstein's accomplishments. He contributed to many fields.


However, I think less of psychology and sociology.So I sometimes wonder about what the Intelligence quotient really means. I am sure IQ has some objective significance, but I don’t see it as particularly precise.

Einstein was most definitely smarter than me. If I found out that he scored lower than me in an IQ test, then I would definitely call that IQ test wrong. He might even score higher than me. Maybe higher than you, reader! However, how can any of us be sure if Einstein did not take any IQ test?

Some links that give ‘estimated’ values to Einstein’s IQ.

http://ift.tt/1EB8Sz5
‘9. Albert Einstein (IQ Level 160-190)
Now this man surely needs no introduction. He is the one behind most of the chapters in Physics. He was the one to develop the theory of relativity. He is a Nobel laureate who is best known for the discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect. He also extended his views and laws to the gravitational fields. Einstein was affiliated with the Institute for Advanced Study in New Jersey. His brilliance and achievements were so immense that even today we relate brilliance and “Einstein” together.’

http://ift.tt/2ecZptk
Estimated IQ's of Famous Geniuses
Albert Einstein (Physicist) 160


Let me repeat. I think Einstein made great accomplishments in several fields of physics. I will venture to guess that if he took a modern day IQ test, his score would be over 100.

However, I don’t see how anyone could be sure when Einstein didn't take an IQ test!!


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2f7FJVn

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire