mardi 22 novembre 2016

I was raised with Scientology as mostly a set of beliefs, and have written down my th

I was raised in Scientology and held it for many years as a set of personal beliefs, as something connected to my family. My practical involvement amounted to some auditing and courses and I went through a phase where I was really excited about it as a kid.

In 2012 I wrote a review of my thoughts on Scientology, and since than I've been recording my thoughts on the Scientology and church culture I grew up with.

Much of my thoughts were just looking at Scientology, looking at the world, and drawing conclusions from comparisons (here's how science works, here's Scientology) and not wanting to use the assumption that critical sources are trustworthy as an argument. (I did read criticism, but for the most part sought arguments through logical observations.) When something brought Scientology to my mind, I'd write something down; a silent assertion of my own views when caught between family and the internet, adding up over time.

I've finally organized most of them onto google docs here. The summaries and conclusions section is a glimpse at how my thoughts evolved over time, the rest of it is from all over the last four years.

Since I've posted on here about Scientology a couple times, and my last thread here was just a prod to get more anti-Scientology arguments, I thought I'd share with you guys.

I'll also answer any questions anyone's interested to ask, especially if they don't want to have to do a ton of reading.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2fDwPPX

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire