jeudi 24 novembre 2016

Trying to get Win 7 Sys Recovery from HP. :(

My short but ongoing adventure...

The good news... spent three hours on the phone with HP yesterday and they'll send me a replacement for the recovery USB I bought from them. It throws a "(filepath)... \RStone.exe not found" error before getting to the file(s) installation on the new drive (yes... stoNe, not stoRe). No one knows what the hell that is or why but they'll go with a bad build scenario and we'll try a new one.

The bad news... I ordered the thing on the 1st and after the delay of switching from DVDs to USB sticks for delivery (they don't like optical anymore?), it finally arrived Saturday the 19th.
The replacement isn't expected before the first of next month. :(:(:(

Now, the bizarre...

I escalated through three tiers, finally getting a supervisor (and a tech on the party line so I could explain it all again), and everyone was honestly wanting to help except the first guy I spoke with.

When informed this was for a 4/5 year old Pavilion G7 laptop he told me, in no uncertain terms... 'it's obsolete", HP no longer supports it, I should go buy a new laptop. And when I asked if I could just buy a new OEM Win 7 full install package, he said "no, that won't work". :confused:

What the hell HP, what the actual hell. :mad::mad::mad:

God damned maroon.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2g8CtKv

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire