jeudi 22 décembre 2016

Adobe Flash plug-in issue

I keep getting dysfunctional videos that inform me "Firefox has prevented the outdated plugin 'Adobe Flash' from running." I'm told it's "vulnerable." A click will give me an option: "Allow now" or "Allow and remember." It comes up with other browsers as well.

There are links to install the update, but I just go in a circle; I install the installer, but clicking through to install the update does not work. I just end up with multiple copies of the installer. I try to uninstall and start over, and the same thing happens.

How is it "vulnerable"? Security? Other than that it's mainly an annoyance; I can "Allow Now" and get the CNN videos, though that IMO is a very clumsy website (user malfunction definitely possible).

If anyone can give me some insight on the pitfalls I face I'd appreciate it. Sometimes I think some websites are being difficult just to keep the user on the site longer.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

The "vulnerable" part worries me ... does that mean?

ETA: Same thing with Silverlight on Netflix.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2i7dkAX

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire