lundi 19 décembre 2016

Can I use higher wattage "low power" lightbulbs to brighten up the room?

OK, we can now buy these low-power light bulbs instead of the higher wattage ones. The key is that they are supposed to give off the same amount of light, so you get a 12 W bulb that has the same lumens as an old 60W bulb, or whatever.

Given that the power restrictions on light bulbs are due to the electrical circuits and what they are rated to handle, can I go to higher power light bulbs now and brighten up the room? In particular, the 3 40W lights in our ceiling fan aren't near enough to light up the room to the level I would like (especially as my eyes get old and I need more light to read). So could I replace them with new low-wattage ones that have the brightness of old 100W bulbs, so long as the actual wattage stays below 40W? I realize that the goal is to save electricity, but it would be better for us if they were brighter.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2hAOGLo

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire