jeudi 22 décembre 2016

Good men should expect discrimination from women

I am no fan of the Huff post. I think it's a ******** "news" source, and I avoid it with the same veracity that I avoid Fox "news". I know this is an opinion piece, and was written awhile ago, but it struck a nerve with me.

During my last semester we studied, in sociology, all of the issues women and minorities have had to deal with. I won't lie, the majority of my sociology was about how mean the white, middle aged male is to everyone else.

This doesn't even make sense. It's an article about how women don't (and argues that they really shouldn't) treat good men, like they are good men on the premise that there are men who aren't good.

Everyone gets hurt, everyone gets burned, but isn't this just a broad form of victim blaming. "I'm treating a man, who has done nothing wrong, like he's an ******* for the pure reason that he's a male, and he should frankly expect and deal with it." It's the dumbest. ****. I. Have. Read.

Link

Do women honestly think that way? Is this the way we're going to deal with each other? How is this any different than the idea that women should make less money, or those that dress a certain way are "asking for it"?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2helFEl

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire