mercredi 22 février 2017

Menopause is Awesome!

It's been 12 months since my last period and I've been the healthiest and happiest I've been in my life.

I thought I'd post about it for The Sciences.

I've formed a theory that the scary stories about Menopause act like the Nocebo Effect, and people prime themselves to feel bad, so they "feel bad" to prove themselves right.

NOT SAYING ANYONE I KNOW IS DOING THAT! Just my theory. If you think about it, it might give some people hope.

I'm not denying anyone's truly awful experiences, but rather, doubting some of the vague, non-specific maladies that some people "suffer" from and also those that happen throughout life.

A list of "symptoms" (from what I usually think is a respected site):

"Some of the symptoms that women may experience include:
hot flushes, night sweats
aches and pains
crawling or itching sensations under the skin
forgetfulness
headaches
irritability
lack of self-esteem
reduced sex drive (libido)
tiredness, difficulty sleeping – wakefulness or waking hot and sweaty
urinary frequency
vaginal dryness
discomfort with sexual intercourse."


I'm sure there are plenty of men who have some of those symptoms at age 30!

I hope I don't have to clarify my click-bait thread title.

I just felt compelled to post my experience of perfect health to slightly counteract the public myth of doom and gloom.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2l6GyB5

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire