jeudi 30 mars 2017

Paranormal/extraordinary coincidence - Two histoplasmosis survivors meet

On the 18 February 2017 I posted this as #147 in "Evidence we live in a simulation". (Should be "MIGHT POSSIBLY live" to be technically correct.)

This is a separate discussion because of the unusual medical nature of this claim.

Quote:

This is the one I consider highly unusual for a number of reasons.

Event – Meet Histoplasmosis Survivor: I decided a needed to do something more drastic about my health. The anti-fungal pills seemed to be less effective, but to take more would damage my liver. I went to a Holistic Health Hydro for a week. The first night the doctor gave a talk about the benefits of fasting.

The next day in the hot pool I met a lady from the UK. I told her why I was there. I mentioned bat fungus. She said “You mean histoplasmosis”. She told me that in 2009 she went caving with her brother near the Cradle of Humankind where my son got systemic histoplasmosis. He told her that if she got flu-like symptoms she might have histoplasmosis.

The acute kind is common, mild and known as Ohio River Valley Fever. The internet literature says that the severe chronic and systemic kind is only seen in people with severely compromised immune systems. Doctors see it in the last stages of HIV just before death. The prognosis is death within 6 months to 2 years if not treated. It is something the doctors are not familiar with, and say it cannot happened to immune competent people such as myself and this person. It killed my late wife, and nearly killed my son until a caver told him about histoplasmosis. He is found he had to be strict with his diet.

She mentioned a list of problems she had following her flu-like symptoms. Diagnosed with severe rheumatoid arthritis, she fasted and the problem cleared up. Severe muscle pain and weakness - fasted and the problem cleared up. A month ago diagnosed with a tumor on her kidney. A CAT scan showed it was not but they were not sure. However the CAT scan showed lung problems. TB or lung cancer they said. She came to the Hydro to do a long fast to clear it up. We went over other symptoms.

I said I think you have histoplasmosis given your clinical history. Have the doctors look at it. And I told her about the tests, the problems with the tests.

Why is she not dead? Because she is a vegetarian, and she decided to fast to whenever the infection caused severe symptoms. I met a man just after I was diagnosed and his daughter could not get rid of systemic Candida until she went on a strict vegetarian diet for a year.

So if I want to clear up my symptoms, I need to become a vegetarian and have no sugar or alcohol. And fast for at least 3 days at a time. Hard.

What are the odds of such a meeting?

The discussion is about the lack of medical knowledge about systemic disseminated histoplasmosis in immuno-competent people because of its rarity, and about how under-diagnosed such an illness is.

For me who has it, has survived it, and meets another who has it, has survived it without medication, and who provided information that the medical profession could not, is like saying "God works in mysterious ways".

The odds are so high as to qualify for an event that borders on the paranormal.

But this is disputed by people without any knowledge of how rare this condition is. They simply shoot from the lip.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2oeVOB8

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire