mardi 14 mars 2017

Suspicious email

In my line of work I get many enquiries for products related to the photo and video trade. They are usually genuine enquiries from local customers, and often lead to sales

However, this morning I received and email that has deflected the needle on my suspicion meter. Here is that email, my reply and their reply

Quote:

INITIAL EMAIL
Hello,

I will like to know if you carry this item in stock or if you can special order them for me.

Sony DVCAM TAPE PDV-184N Non-Chip ............. 250 QTY

I will arrange for the pick up of the order from your location.

And also let me know which credit card type you accept between Visa/MC...

Will be expecting the quotation,so i can proceed with the payment details.

Regards.
Coco

Quote:

MY REPLY
Hello

No, I don't stock these, and they are hard to find in New Zealand. I suggest you try Amazon.com

http://ift.tt/2mq5DHC

Quote:

SECOND EMAIL
Hello,

Can you special order the tapes for me while i commission you with $600 for the service rendered.

Thanks await to read from you.

Regards
Coco

The language seems off, and this is a very unusual product to be asking for, especially for 250 of them. They seem to have ignored the fact that I said I cannot supply these items.

Does this seem suspicious to anyone else here or am I just being paranoid? If this is some sort of scam, I can't see what the upside is for the scammer


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2mpZafS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire