mardi 14 mars 2017

Who knew that being a fear mongering bigot could affect you negatively

Quote:

Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory (R) says the state's controversial "bathroom law" has made it difficult for him to land a job after leaving office.

McCrory said in an interview with a World Radio podcast, according to the News & Observer, that the backlash following the law “has impacted me to this day, even after I left office. People are reluctant to hire me, because ‘oh my gosh, he’s a bigot’ — which is the last thing I am.”

He blamed liberal advocates who opposed the law, which requires that transgender people use the bathroom corresponding to their biological sex as identified on their birth certificate, for damaging his reputation.

“If you disagree with the politically correct thought police on this new definition of gender, you’re a bigot, you’re the worst of evil,” McCrory said. “It’s almost as if I broke a law.”
http://ift.tt/2njquRi

I thought the law supposedly was about protecting children and women against sexual abuse and not about pandering to trans-phobic attitudes by "protecting traditional notion of gender" for no real good practical reason. It's almost like the former was just an extremely thin and ultimately unjustifiable pretense.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2mFkFu6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire