samedi 10 juin 2017

Fossil breaks the nested hierarchy?

I'm talking with an Intelligent Design advocate who linked me to an article claiming that the nested hierarchy (morphological, I guess) has fatal problems in it -- for instance, the "flat face" of Sahelanthropus tchadensis and Diania, an early arthropod or ancestor thereof.

I can imagine several responses, I wonder which apply:

1. A few organisms that don't fit into the hierarchy doesn't cause the entire edifice to crumble. But wouldn't it merely take one or a few outliers to falsify the nested hierarchy as a predictive model in evolution? Or not?

2. These organisms don't cause a problem for the hierarchy because their place in the hierarchy is still being debated.

3. These organisms fit into the nested hierarchy without any problems.

Comments?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2soWoxD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire