mercredi 12 juillet 2017

Uk Calais border - moved to Kent?

I went through Calais last night on a bus, and went through two immigration checks: one performed by the French, then one performed by the UK. So was I technically on home soil after going through the second check, even though I was still in Calais?

I understand this is called the Le Touquet treaty, which allows the UK the check you on the French side. Why? What was the reasoning behind that?

Also, I see that after Brexit the French may force the British to move this 'border' to Kent, which would end up with the Calais refugee camp ending up in the UK. Again, why would this happen? Surely the French would still inspect to see whether trucks had refugees inside before letting them across the tunnel?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2uS3VDV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire