mercredi 2 août 2017

Alternative to 401K

I'm in my mid-40s and have been saving diligently for an early retirement. I plan to work for another 8-10 years. For several years I have been maxing out my allowable pre-tax accounts. That is, I put away $18,000 into a 401K and $5,500 into a traditional IRA. I have a post-tax managed account that will bridge the gap until I start taking required withdrawals.

I recently moved to a new job. The benefit package does not include an employer 401K so I have this money available now. My wife and I live below our means and avoid debt, so we don't need it now. I'd like to continue putting it away for retirement, but no longer can do so pre-tax. What other alternatives do I have? I have read a little bit about annuities but I do not know much about them. I'd appreciate any advice on what would be a smart plan for building up our retirement nest egg.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2ukjXok

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire