jeudi 10 août 2017

Just how manipulated are we?

Of all the things to make me ask this question, it was a bag of ice. I have to buy ice from time to time b/c like an idiot I forget to refill my trays and run out. The last time I did so (just the other day), I realized that the size of the cubes had been increased in the commercial bag I had bought.

How is that manipulation? Consider: larger cubes means you use more ice/use by volume by default. Yet ice is sold in constant measurements by weight. So you run out again sooner than you would with smaller cubes that would let you reduce the amount per use.

And that's just one of the ways we are manipulated on a daily basis, whether it be by politicians or by businesses. Have we reached the point in society that anything is probably subject to this sort of tampering?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2fwk7Ht

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire