mardi 12 septembre 2017

Is the Bernie Bro faction just political hipsterism?

I got into it with a few hardcore Bernie Bros on social media.

Background: Polls show that the early favorite for the Dems in 2020 is California Senator Harris. The Bernie Bros hated this and I had to ask why. Indeed I asked what policy position she has that they hate. I got no real answer except they don't want someone "anointed" again.

I asked how we can tell if Harris is "anointed" or not. And the answer I got was that she is because the traditional Dems like her.

Okay, so then I ask what will discern the one they will approve of. Answer: whoever the Dem leadership hates.

Okay so my question to you all is: is this just political hipsterism (support whoever is not favored)? I mean there doesn't seem to be any policy issue behind this. There had been thinking that the Bernie Bro faction was a one issue faction but Harris is good on that issue (sponsoring a Universal Healthcare bill) and yet they still hate her.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2wYjb3l

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire